Sir Colin Campbell, 5th Lord of Lochow
Eldest son and heir of Sir Archibald Campbell, 4th Lord of Lochow and Mary Lamont, daughter of Sir John Lamont of that Ilk.
Natural Children of Sir Colin Campbell of Lochow
1. Dugall Campbell b. b 1414, d. a 1442, Dean of Argyll
2. Duncan Campbell b. b 1414, ancestor of the Campbells of Duntroon.
Married 1st: He married, secondly, Mariot Campbell, daughter of John Campbell, before 1 April 1387.3 He died between 1412 and 1414.
Children by first wife:
1. Sir Duncan Campbell, 1st Lord Campbell d. 1453,
2. Colin Campbell, Colin Campbell of Ardkinglass m 1396 Christina dtr of Robert MacLayman (alias Lamont) of Inveryne and was the ancestor of the Campbells of Ardentinny, of Auchnawillan, of Carrick, of Dergachy, and of Clachan.
3. John Campbell, John Campbell of Barbreck, ancestor of the Campbells of Inverliver. (The Campbells of Succoth claim descent from a cadet of the Campbells of Barbreck.)
4. Dugall 'Mor' Campbell, Dugall Mor Campbell of Dunstaffnage m a dtr of Macdonald of the Isles and was ancestor of the Campbells of Glenamackrie, of Scammadale, of Torry, and of Crackaig.
5. Donald Campbell b. b 1414, d. a 1442
6. Patrick Campbell b. b 1414
7. Celestin Campbell b. b 1414
Died: between 1412 and 1414
Tenure: 1394 - 1412-1414
Other Titles: 5th of Menstrie, Chief of Clan Campbell, a.k.a: Mac Cailein Mòr "Son of Colin the Great" Campbell, Hereditary Keeper of Dunoon Castle.
Preceded by: Sir Archibald Campbell, 4th Lord of Lochow
Succeeded by: Sir Duncan Campbell, 6th Lord of Lochow and 1st Lord Campbell
Note: He gained the title of Lord of Lochow [feudal barony]. He held the office of Lieutenant and Commissary of Argyll in 1382. He lived at Lochow, Argyllshire, Scotland.